Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Reporting to the Director of Care (DOC), Director of Health & Wellness (DHW) or designated clinical leadership team member, the Student Nurse helps with select nursing tasks that are in accordance with the resident’s plan of care and, are within their knowledge and skill, while adhering to regulatory and Revera’s standards, policies and procedures.
• To support safe, ethical, competent nursing care within their scope of practice;
• To assist with completion and ensure resident’s care assessments, service plans and documentation are up to date with changes communicated to DOC/DHW;
• To evaluate resident response to care by assessing the effect of the nursing interventions as identified in the care plan and modifying interventions as appropriate;
• To continually monitor, assess and document the resident’s status;
• To provide nursing care by performing nursing functions commensurate with level of education such as, but not limited to:
o Administering oral, topical, rectal, and vaginal medications and medications through IM, SC, inhalation and butterfly insertion;
o Conducting physical, mental, and emotional status assessment;
o Performing catheterizations and routine inspections and maintenance of urinary catheters including drainage system and cleaning the area adjacent to the insertion;
o Performing skin and wound care including applying sterile and non-sterile dressing, maintaining and removing drains, and irrigating wounds;
o Taking and recording blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration and measuring fluid intake, output, and weight;
o Collecting urine and stool specimens, administering enemas and suppositories, and applying condom urinary drainage;
• To ensure the well-being of residents by providing support and comfort while maintaining a safe and clean environment by using infection control principles;
• To support residents with safe lifts and transfers;
• To guide residents to and from their rooms, recreational activities, restorative
care office and dining room as required while contributing to a positive resident
• To work cooperatively with peers and supervisors using the Quality
Improvement/CQI process and ensure timely follow-ups;
• To communicate with supervisor about problems related to resident care and/or
• To participate in the orientation process for residents, students, volunteers;
• To actively participate in ongoing educational opportunities and transmit
information to the rest of the care staff;
• To maintain resident information confidentiality;
• To assist the DOC/DHW in the coordination, implementation and monitoring of
Infection Prevention and Control, Health and Safety and Clinical Programs and
Quality/Safety Plans for the Nursing Department;
• To complete all other tasks as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
• High School Diploma;
• Successful completion of second year of a BCCNP-recognized entry-level or reentry-
level RN education program (or equivalent);
• Registered with the BCCNP as an Employed Student Nurse;
• Volunteer/working experience with seniors in the community health services
setting is preferred;
• Ability to model a warm, caring and empathetic communication style when
connecting with residents, families and peers;
• Strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, care coordination and
time management skills;
• Desire to work in a service-driven environment with a customer-focused skillset;
• Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS).
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.