Revera is a leading provider of seniors’ accommodation, care and services; built on a more than 50-year history of helping seniors live life to the fullest. We reward excellence and provide exciting opportunities to contribute, grow and advance. Whether you're looking for full-time or part-time employment, a student placement, or a volunteer position, Revera offers many rewarding opportunities. Explore what we have to offer and see how you can succeed
Join us as a values driven leader to oversee and manage the culinary and dining services departments. With your creativity, flair and culinary professionalism we can partner to deliver the best in class culinary experience to our residents. With your guidance and management, we can offer outstanding service and diverse, flexible menus made with high quality fresh ingredients and appetizing presentation. Our goal is to exceed our resident's expectations!
In this role you will be focused on:
- Ensuring Resident & Employee Safety
- Engaging with residents and employees to consistently achieve high results through the survey process
- Hiring & training a team of superstar culinary and serving experts!
- Living our values and ensuring others on your team do to
- Maintaining Food & Labour costs
What You Will Do:
Collaborate - Work with the Executive Director, National Culinary Manager and residents to implement the culinary vision and program objectives.
Manage - Effectively manage a team of people, department financials and resident satisfaction.
Roll-up your sleeves - Take a hands-on approach to leading, mentoring, and filling in as required to support both the culinary and dining staff.
Comply - Maintaining food quality in compliance with regulations company policies and culinary standards.
Cultivate - Build and maintain strong relationships with the community residents, employees, and managers along with the regional support team and vendor partners.
Create - Elevate and deliver "Best In Class" dining experience using your creative culinary expertise.
What You Bring:
- Community College Food Services Supervisor Course or Equivalent
- Valid Food Safety/Food Handler's Certification
- Red Seal & Smart Serve Certification
- Passion for Customer Service and Resident Interaction
- Better than average computer skills
- Union Management Experience
- Values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion & Excellence
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
What We Offer:
- Support from your Regional and National Team
- Technology to help you do your job better!
- Benefits and Pension Package
- Better work life balance
What are you waiting for?
Join us in celebrating the ageless spirit of people through service and innovation.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request. Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.