Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Reporting, the External Financial Reporting Accounting Analyst is primarily responsible for assisting in the preparation of the quarterly and annual external IFRS financial statements,
- To prepare consolidated financial statements including cash flow and note disclosures in accordance with IFRS for external users;
- To prepare multiple statutory annual legal entity financial statements;
- To effectively understand complex intercompany relationships and take the initiative to resolve discrepancies as applicable;
- To manage the accounting for specific general ledger accounts, including preparation of monthly reconciliations and appropriate journal entries;
- To record equity accounted investments and allocation of earnings within multiple partnerships;
- To prepare complex journal entries in multiple currencies
- To prepare elimination entries for consolidation
- To prepare rollforward reconciliations including foreign exchange proofs on foreign denominated balances and transactions
- To perform variance analysis and provide explanations for significant movements in account balances;
- To provide auditors with financial information as required;
- To assist with special projects related to acquisitions, dispositions and other situations as they arise;
- To perform ad-hoc analysis and special reports as required, and
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct.
- CPA designation (completed or in final stages of acquiring)
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience with working knowledge of IFRS and solid understanding of the financial statements
- Self-starter with the ability to independently research and think through issues
- Proficiency with Workday, JD Edwards and WDesk software would be an asset
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel with intermediate levels required in other MS Office applications
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and effectively manage time to successfully meet strict deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to build relationships across the organization
- Strong work ethic and sense of ownership and confidentiality
- Willingness to work extended hours to meet quarterly reporting requirements
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.