Revera is a leading provider of seniors’ accommodation, care and services; built on a more than 50-year history of helping seniors live life to the fullest. We reward excellence and provide exciting opportunities to contribute, grow and advance. Whether you're looking for full-time or part-time employment, a student placement, or a volunteer position, Revera offers many rewarding opportunities. Explore what we have to offer and see how you can succeed
Reporting to the Housekeeping Coordinator, the Housekeeper is responsible for the cleaning and sanitization of all Resident’s apartment and common areas.
- Live our values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence
- Lend a helping hand
- Cultivate relationships with staff, residents and families
- Lead with H.E.A.R.T. (hear, empathize, acknowledge, respond, thank)
- To clean areas according to assigned schedules using appropriate cleaning and sanitation methods and procedures
- To clean Resident’s apartments and common areas, including furniture, kitchen and washroom fixtures, walls, ceilings, lights, vents and windows
- To operate floor care machines and steam cleaning equipment
- To strip, scrub, spray, and buff all carpet and non-carpet floor surfaces
- To pick up garbage and transport to designated areas
- To adhere to established residence policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices
- To prepare documentation as required according to residence policy
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it
- To attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents
- To attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to provide feedback on a day-to-day basis
- Knowledge and experience with standard institutional cleaning techniques
- Previous experience in commercial / residential/ Healthcare cleaning and laundry procedures is desirable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Revera Core Competencies:
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost-effective results.
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development. Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service and choices.
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request. Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.