Revera is a leading provider of seniors’ accommodation, care and services; built on a more than 50-year history of helping seniors live life to the fullest. We reward excellence and provide exciting opportunities to contribute, grow and advance. Whether you're looking for full-time or part-time employment, a student placement, or a volunteer position, Revera offers many rewarding opportunities. Explore what we have to offer and see how you can succeed
Regional Manager of Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) is responsible for leading and managing the implementation, maintenance, surveillance and evaluation of infection prevention and control best practices while serving resident’s, families and colleagues. The Regional Manager of IPAC will deliver education to minimize the risk of infectious diseases and outbreaks within their designated portfolio of Retirement Homes while establishing a culture of compliance and adherence. They will work closely with the Directors of Health and Wellness/Designate, Regional team and National IPAC Lead to support in the development and implementation of the person-centered care philosophy.
- Build a culture of compliance and adherence to IPAC standards & requirements set under the legislation and Revera’s IPAC Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that Health & Safety risks to employees, residents and the general public are minimized or eliminated
- Promote a culture of improvement and support the Homes in monitoring and improving infection and prevention control practices and standards
- Cultivate relationships with staff, residents and families, internal and external stakeholders and local Health Authorities.
Infection and Outbreak Prevention & Management
- To participate in the development, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the Home’s IPAC Program;
- To complete Infection Prevention and Control Audits on as established by procedures; assist with building action plans and support with quality assurance to ensure IPAC practices are successfully implemented.
- To support residences in identifying and leading communication with the management team for any infections and/or outbreaks and follow guidelines for reporting communicable diseases to the appropriate government/health authority agencies;
- To monitor, trend, investigate and follow-up infections and outbreaks and identify areas of improvement; assisting the DHW/Designate with completion of post-outbreak review.
- To work in collaboration with the Director Health & Wellness/Designate, to complete online outbreak reports where appropriate;
- To provide continued/ongoing education to management teams and frontline employees around IPAC best practice standards.
- To work in collaboration with the Director Health & Wellness, to ensure both IPAC apps are up to date; and hand hygiene completion targets are being met.
Surveillance & Monitoring
- To ensure Revera’s IPAC policies and procedures are implemented;
- To participate in quality initiatives, perform and/or coordinate audits on a regular basis to ensure adherence to IPAC standards and recommend improvements;
- To support the DHW to prepare an action plan for gaps identified through surveillance / audit activities;
- To review monthly and quarterly data collection and analysis of performance indicators and provide reports to appropriate stakeholders;
- To ensure surveillance is completed, using the IPAC App, by the nurse/designate on the shift of symptom onset, appropriate interventions implemented;
- To develop and maintain a relationship with the local Public Health/Health Authorities, Communicable Disease Department, laboratory representative and IPAC leads at the Home and National level;
- To support the DHW/Designate with Joint Health & Safety Committee Meetings at the Home and promote sustainability of the program;
- To attend the regional Quality Team meetings and report the status of the Regions IPAC Program:
- Current infection prevention and control data
- Outbreak reports
- Immunization program
- Support safe visitor practices & community outbreak status
- Current /regulatory trends related to infection prevention and control
- Education and training completed and/or needed
- To identify and conduct risk assessment and safety inspections where required as per safe work procedures and standards
- To coordinate and provide ongoing education to staff on the principles and practices of infection prevention and control and new emerging infectious diseases and organisms;
- To monitor and support audit of key IPAC practices; present data to management and the Health and Safety Committee/Representative; facilitate corrective action as needed, including direct coaching and management of staff related to compliance gaps;
- To provide and support education/resources to Residents, volunteers and visitors related to infection control principles;
- To attend external infection control meetings when and maintain awareness of current infection prevention and control standards and practices as applicable;
- To support the IPAC App utilization and its workflow through continuous education and training to staff and DHW/Designate;
- To provide support to the regional team and site level management teams on the principles and practices of infection prevention and control and new emerging infectious diseases and organisms;
- To support the Executive Director/DHW and or Regional team in conducting employee investigations, recruitment and performance management as required;
- To act as a member of the regional team and provide on-call support during evenings and/or weekends;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
·To complete all other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in either nursing as a Registered Nurse (for Alberta/BC) or Registered Practical Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse;
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working as healthcare professional in the retirement or long-term care sector;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working as in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting preferred
- Prior IPAC experience and or education;
- Professional competencies related to life-long learning, public relations and health environment awareness;
- Demonstrates strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Possession of strong motivational, team building and time management skills.
- Able to travel as required;
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification;
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office applications)
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
Revera Core Competencies:
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost-effective results.
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development. Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service and choices.
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request. Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.