This job posting is no longer active.
Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
The Scenic Grande is Revera's newest retirement residence in Calgary, currently under construction. The Scenic Grande offers endless choices and possibilities for senior living. From the well-appointed, stylish suites to the variety of recreational activities – you’ll feel right at home at The Scenic Grande. Join us and be part of a culture of teamwork, empathy, and positivity that gives every staff member the chance to fully contribute, thrive, and live their best life.
Reporting to on site Management, the Receptionist will respond to all incoming calls, greet and direct all visitors, answering inquiries in a positive and professional manner, representative of Revera.
- To answer all incoming calls, and respond to caller's inquiries in a positive, professional manner ;
- To redirect calls as appropriate and take clear, concise messages when required;
- To greet, assist and direct all visitors;
- To pick up and sort internal mail;
- To stamp, deliver and maintain mail machine for external mail;
- To prepare packages and arrange courier pick up;
- To arrange meeting room schedule and bookings;
- To update phone and distribution lists;
- To maintain a clean, safe, fully stocked and well organized reception area;
- To assist with small projects as required by other administrative support (i.e. labels, bulk mailing, etc.);
- To complete other duties as assigned;
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct.
- Above average interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Previous experience in reception is considered an asset;
- Must exhibit professional and polished telephone manner;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once, work under pressure, and meet deadlines;
- Highly organized and detail focused;
- Expertise in Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-Mail);
- Access to a computer or tablet at home to participate in the first week of training virtually in September;
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.