Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
The Scenic Grande is Revera's newest retirement residence in Calgary, currently under construction. The Scenic Grande offers endless choices and possibilities for senior living. From the well-appointed, stylish suites to the variety of recreational activities – you’ll feel right at home at The Scenic Grande. Join us and be part of a culture of teamwork, empathy, and positivity that gives every staff member the chance to fully contribute, thrive, and live their best life.
Reporting to the Director of Culinary Services, the Cook is responsible for preparation and delivery of all foods for residents, guests and employees.
- To prepare and/or be responsible for the preparation/delivery of all foods for residents, guests and employees;
- To review menus and production sheets before preparing meals and prepare and serve them properly and attractively;
- To ensure use of proper food handling techniques;
- To complete daily temperature audits for fridge, freezers and storerooms and record findings on daily audit form;
- To prepare and serve foods for therapeutic /speciality diets according to planned menus;
- To make menu substitutions as necessary and record these in designated place;
- To adhere to time schedules for service of meals and nourishments;
- To follow daily production charts, standardized recipes and daily composite menus, while working within a set budget;
- To comply with all provincial/municipal regulations and established dietary department policies and procedures;
- To participate actively in planning/preparing special occasion and theme meal days;
- To attend department and facility staff meetings, in-services and other necessary training sessions;
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a Food Handler's Certificate
- Red Seal Certificate preferred
- Must have experience in large quantity food preparation, preferably in a healthcare or retirement setting
- Must be knowledgeable of the Provincial Food Premises Regulation and Canada's Food Guide to Healthy Eating
- Must have knowledge of and experience with special and therapeutic diets
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand for majority of shift
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset
- Access to a computer or tablet at home to participate in the first week of training virtually in September
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.