Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Reporting to the Director of Care or designated clinical leadership team member, the Personal Support Assistant helps with select nursing and personal care tasks in accordance with residents’ plan of care and, which are within their knowledge and skill, while adhering to regulatory and Revera’s standards, policies and procedures.
- To support and provide one on one care as needed;
- To provides day to day services and support to individual residents to offer a warm and safe environment, ensuring comfort and well-being of residents are met;
- To support with safe lifts and transfers of residents;
- To guide residents to and from their rooms, recreational activities, restorative care office and dining room as required while contributing to a positive resident experience;
- To act as a resident companion and provide comfort and support to residents as needed;
- To assist with feeding while adhering to safe food handling techniques throughout all aspects of food service;
- To assist in completing general duties as directed by the care staff including, but not limited to organizing closets, restocking shelves, making of beds, support residents with high needs in choosing their clothing and dressing;
- To participate on an as needed basis in interdisciplinary meetings for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating resident care and service needs;
- To work cooperatively with peers and supervisors using the Quality Improvement/CQI process ensuring timely follow-ups;
- To assist in maintaining a safe and clean environment for residents utilizing infection control principles;
- To communicate with supervisor about problems related to resident care and/or safety;
- To handle tactfully and courteously with residents, residents’ families and reports any concerns/complaints to the supervisor;
- To participate in the orientation process for residents, students, volunteers and care staff;
- To actively participate in ongoing educational opportunities and transmits information to the rest of the care staff;
- To maintain resident/resident information confidentiality;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma;
- Working towards completing Personal Support Worker program (or provincial equivalent certificate program) or any other healthcare program nice to have;
- Volunteer/Working experience with seniors in the community health services setting nice to have;
- Ability to model warm, caring and empathetic communication style when connecting with residents, families and peers;
- Strong and personable communication skills;
- Demonstrated desire to work in a service driven environment and through customer focus skillset.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.