Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
"WE TREAT YOU LIKE FAMILY" is our company's visionary statement and our
philosophy towards residents and the people who work for us.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The duty manager will nurture our "We Treat You Like Family" spirit and direct
residence operations in the General Manger and Assistant Managers absence and in
accordance with company policies and procedures.
REPORTS TO GENERAL MANAGER AND ASSISTANT MANAGER
• Strong leadership skills and strong training and delegation skills
• A genuine caring for people
• Must be pleasant, friendly and courteous at all times
• Excellent communications and organizational skills
• Loyalty and commitment to excellence
Will provide hand on supervision of staff during their shift, will discipline
employees as required. Will have the authority to "suspend" employees pending
investigation by the General Manger and Assistant Manager. In these
circumstances a written report will be required.
Primary Responsibilities Resident Services
1. Oversee the operation in the absence of the General Manger and Assistant
2. Supervise the staff on duty and ensure that quality service and the needs of
residents are being met
3. Answer and respond immediately to emergency response system
4. Assist with pouring coffee and tea, clean in g/setting fables in the dining room.
5. Ensure that dining room is cleaned after each meal service and reset
6. Maintain good relationships with residents and their families
7. Conduct tours of property to prospective residents
1. Assist in developing and maintaining a schedule for the staff that
sufficiently meets the needs of residents and ensures proper staffing
2. Review daily communication book and add pertinent information
3. Communicate residents needs with applicable staff at change of shift or
4. Lead by example, encourage teamwork, promote our "We Treat You like
Family" philosophy, and provide assistance to staff
5. Provide an open door policy to on duty staff, addressing any concerns or
grievances they may have.
6. Assist in the training of all employees in accordance with company
policies and training programs
7. Check for birthdays and ask kitchen to get cake ready
8. Water plants when needed
9. Check for meal reservations and residents out
10. print up menus
11. plate count
12. Report any staff injuries to General Manager/Assistant Manager so they
can report to WCB
13. photo copying/faxing
14. Set up for birthday parties/parties
15. write up receipts for rent roll (about 24 of the month)
16. Check to make sure there are enough aprons/table cloths, napkins etc.
17. keep office and coffee bars tidy
18. Emergency pendant must be worn if working alone
19. do activity if activity co-coordinator away
20. Any other duties/responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.