Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Director of Care (DOC) or Director of Health and Wellness (DHW), the Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is responsible for providing planned, patient-oriented, goal-directed nursing care in accordance with the provincial standards of care.
- To work as a member of the inter professional team as described by Revera's Professional Practice Model applying the person centered approach to care;
- To complete and ensure resident's clinical care assessments, care/service plans and documentation are accurate, up to date and changes communicated as required;
- To implement and evaluate the effectiveness of the care/service plans and make changes as required;
- To assist with scheduling of resident's care conferences and participate in conferences where applicable;
- To work closely with DOC/DHW to facilitate resident's move in, move out and
- To provide direct resident care and medication/ treatment administration and
document care in compliance with regulatory and Revera Resident Care standards and policies and procedures;
- To process the orders and safe keep drugs and narcotics and administer in
compliance with all regulatory requirements, scope of practice and Revera policies and procedures;
- To facilitate and provide resident/family education;
- To plan, coordinate, manage & evaluate the resident's care plan working with the resident/substitute decision maker, physicians, nursing & interdisciplinary team and contracted service providers;
- To coordinate nursing team's resident care assignments to ensure efficient and timely delivery of services to residents;
- To respond to and manage significant changes in resident's condition and or medical emergencies; provide emergency first aid;
- To teach, delegate to, and direct unregulated care providers;
- To respond to resident/family concerns and ensure appropriate action taken and or concern communicated to DOC/DHW/Executive Director and other departments;
- To follow and assist the DOC/DHW in the coordination, implementation and monitoring of Infection Prevention and Control , Health and Safety and
Clinical Programs and Quality/Safety Plans for the Nursing Department;
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct; - To complete all other duties as assigned.
- Current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse in applicable Province/State;
- Experience working in a senior's environment and with unregulated care providers preferred;
- Education and experience in gerontology, rehabilitation, community/complex/long term care an asset;
- Must possess strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, care coordination, time management and customer focus skills;
- Must have demonstrated sound clinical knowledge;
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification required;
- Computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft office applications.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.