Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Director of Care (DOC), the Restorative Care Lead will provide and develop restorative care programs to enhance the resident’s quality of life based on the interests, strengths, needs and former lifestyles of the residents. She/he will ensure these programs meet the regulatory requirements and Revera’s standards and policies and procedures.
Live our values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence
Lend a helping hand
Cultivate relationships with staff, residents and families
Lead with H.E.A.R.T. (hear, empathize, acknowledge, respond, thank)
- To provide restorative education, support and assistance to staff and residents;
- To assess each new resident in regard to restorative needs;
- To develop and document restorative goals and individualized plan of care for resident;
- To re-evaluate care plan as per restorative care policy and procedure;
- To monitor and train staff regarding restorative tasks and resident specific goals;
- To record statistics and keeps records as required activities;
- To coordinate Bed Entrapment Prevention Program;
- To use supplies and equipment as directed and provide input in equipment selection;
- To attend care conferences as required and participates in Quality Management;
- To participate in the quality management program and complete restorative audits as required;
- Chairs restorative committee;
- To participate in setting realistic and achievable departmental goals;
- To complete and ensure residents’ care assessments, service plans and documentation are up to date, and changes communicated to DOC for billings;
- To assist with scheduling of residents’ care conferences and participate in conferences;
- To facilitate and provide resident/family education;
- To coordinate nursing team’s resident care assignments to ensure efficient and timely delivery of services to residents;
- To respond to and manage significant changes in residents’ condition and or medical emergencies;
- To respond to resident/family concerns and ensure appropriate action taken and or concern communicated to DOC/Executive Director and other departments;
- To assist the DOC in the coordination, implementation and monitoring of Infection Prevention and Control, Health and Safety and Clinical Programs and Quality Plans for the Nursing Department;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Current regulated or licensed health care practitioner;
- Experience of working a long term care facility;
- A minimum of three (3) years clinical, project leadership or management experience;
- Proven ability to get things done;
- Demonstrated success leading new initiatives;
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge and experience with adult education strategies/facilitation;
- Previous experience presenting to groups;
- Well-organized, with excellent time management skills;
- Clear aptitude for detail-oriented work;
- The ability to work with and relate to interdisciplinary team members and other internal stakeholders;
- Strong problem solving abilities;
- Proficient computer skills.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS)
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.