Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Under the direction of the Director of Care or the Director of Health and Wellness, the Resident Care Manager is responsible for the planning, direction and evaluation of quality resident care in accordance with the Mission, Values and Pledge, various standards of practice, regulations and guidelines.
The Resident Care Manager ensures optimum delivery of care through effective human resource management, utilization of the nursing process and functioning as an integral member of the management team.
- Ensures resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives are promoted;
- Assists nursing staff ensuring that initial / ongoing assessments and care plans are developed, implemented and reviewed;
- Assists with the recruiting / hiring and termination of nursing staff in consultation with the Director of Care;
- Assigns, supervises, and disciplines nursing staff;
- Schedules and replaces staff for all departments in absence of designated department head;
- Responsible for the management of care issues related to residents /family/advocates;
- Promotes and ensures interdisciplinary approach to resident care;
- Acts as a role model for nursing staff by demonstrating clinical expertise and comprehensive knowledge in the delivery of resident care;
- Provides ongoing staff development and education to improve or enhance the level of care / service provided to the residents;
- Knowledge / experience with MDS / Care Management systems;
- Responsible for overall supervision for entire building in absence of senior management;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in geriatrics, rehabilitation, or long term care at the supervisory and / or management level;
- Registered nurse with a current unrestricted license or eligible for registration with CRNM, CRPNM, BN preferred;
- Experience in managing in a multi-unionized environment;
- Experience with continuous quality improvement / risk management processes and person-centred care philosophy;
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has knowledge related to current and applicable Manitoba health legislation and standards, PPCO, workplace safety and health, knowledge / experience with MDS / Care Management systems;
- Demonstrated leadership ability with comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques as they relate to long term care.
- Under Qualifications add this if it doesn't mention Vulnerable Sector Checks or replace the existing wording that is there.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.