Revera is a leading provider of seniors’ accommodation, care and services; built on a more than 50-year history of helping seniors live life to the fullest. We reward excellence and provide exciting opportunities to contribute, grow and advance. Whether you're looking for full-time or part-time employment, a student placement, or a volunteer position, Revera offers many rewarding opportunities. Explore what we have to offer and see how you can succeed
YOU make a difference
If you want to feel like you are making a difference every day, you've come to the right place. Our residents are unique and special, and so are our employees. By working in our homes, you can help create memorable experiences for our seniors.
Revera’s person-centred approach offers security and peace of mind to both residents and family members. We believe we work in our residents’ homes, and care passionately about providing excellent care, with state-of-the art facilities and vibrant, welcoming communities. For many of us, providing care is more than a career — it’s a calling.
Ready to cook up something fresh and delicious? We’ve got your apron ready! Reporting to the Dietary Manager, the Cook is responsible for the safe and effective preparation and delivery of food served to our residents, guests and staff. We believe good food makes a big difference in peoples’ lives. Here, it’s about fresh ingredients whenever possible, seasonal menus, choice and person-centred nutritional care.
A typical day:
• Prepare, cook and deliver food, with special consideration to residents’ personalized dietary requirements, needs and requests;
• Review menu and production documents based on requirements for therapeutic diets, modified textures and individual nutrition interventions;
• Ensure food safe practices are being followed throughout the entire flow of food including purchasing, receiving, storing, preparation, holding and serving;
• Support the creation of holiday menus including those for theme day events;
• Adhere to health and safety requirements and standards.
What YOU bring
• Food Handler’s Certificate
• Red Seal Chef Certification is considered an asset
• Experience in large-quantity food prep, preferably in a healthcare setting
• Knowledge of provincial and federal food guides to healthy eating
• Experience cooking for therapeutic diets, modified textures and modified fluid consistencies
• The physical wherewithal to handle a day spent standing in a production kitchen
• Tech savvy – comfortable completing various tasks on the computer
• Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Check (VSC)
What we offer
• Technology to help you do your job better
• Benefits and Pension Package
• Better work life balance
• Vision to support Person Centered Care
Ready to get cooking? Join us in celebrating the ageless spirit of people.
We’d love to hear from you. Apply today!
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request. Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.