Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
Reporting to the Manager, Tax, the Tax Analyst ensures compliance with tax reporting and filing requirements by preparing quarterly provisions for financial statements, preparation of corporate, partnership and trust returns, and reconciling the returns to the GL accounts.
- Ensure customer satisfaction to internal stakeholders and support customer satisfaction of external stakeholders;
- Ensure compliance with corporate, partnership and trust taxation requirements;
- Timely and accurate reporting requirements;
- Provide support as required for Revera’s overall tax costs/recoveries and process efficiencies; and
- Contribute to Revera’s financial targets.
- Assist in the preparation of working papers to support the tax provision for the quarterly financial statements, and annual tax returns;
- Assist in the preparation and filing of corporate, partnership, trust tax returns, and foreign reporting returns, ensuring that the returns are filed accurately and on a timely basis;
- Prepare account analysis and assist with filing of monthly sales tax (i.e. GST/HST, and QST) filings and returns;
- Co-ordinate all necessary tax installment and return payments on a timely basis;
- Review and reconcile government statements to accounting records, resolve discrepancies and prepare necessary journal entries;
- Assist with government audits including coordinating information requests, answering auditor queries and assisting with researching tax legislation to support filing positions;
- Support intercompany (IC) analysis of loans and notes;
- Preparation of monthly management fee calculations, tax accruals, current tax account balances and cash tax forecasts;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct; and
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Accounting designation (CPA) complete or actively working towards attaining;
- University or college degree in business administration, commerce or accounting required;
- Minimum 3 to 5 years preparing and filing corporate, partnership and trust tax returns;
- Willingness to complete the CPA Canada In-depth Tax course or other applicable courses;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet skills;
- Detail-oriented and enjoys problem solving;
- Ability to work independently;
- Enthusiasm for change and new challenges;
- High standard of integrity;
- Positive attitude with a "can do" approach to customer service; and
- Willingness to assist team members.
Revera Core Competencies:
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost effective results.
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service and choices.
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.