Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
Reporting to the Manager, Site Technology, the Technology Specialist is responsible for a bundle of technologies and services that are critical for the efficient and orderly functioning of the Revera divisions, homes and communities. These technologies are impactful for both the basic functions required to manage and operate our homes, as well as to meet the more advanced needs of a modern senior living space. This role is responsible for defining the architectural standards for the technologies and contributing knowledge to best practice implementation standards. Additionally, this role will contribute to defining operational support procedures for technologies post-implementation, as well as act as an expert level resource during common ITIL processes. Finally, this role will engage with internal and external stakeholders as part of a collaborative effort to define technical requirements based on business requirements and expectations.
This role is responsible for the following technologies:
- Nurse Call
- Door Security
- Wandering prevention systems
- Building Automation Systems
- Telecommunications platforms, including VoIP, SiP, PBX etc.
- Contribute technical expertise to further the success of projects and initiatives.
- Build productive and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Contribute advice towards the tactics and strategies necessary for success by demonstrating an understanding of how to effectively operate within the Revera culture;
- Develop an understanding of the current needs of stakeholders, and an awareness of how to meet those needs;
- Contribute to the development of a technology roadmap that will inform and guide the annual planning process;
- Effectively engage with vendor partners;
- Provide expert-level technical expertise to support these technologies;
- Participate as a member of a cross-functional team to focus and support the team on achieving established goals; and
- Participate in reviewing the efficacy of support services and identify opportunities for improved services to sites and residents.
- Collaborate with Managers and PMO to establish the necessary budget requirements for projects and operational expenditures;
- Advise on technical feature details to ensure value is obtained if procured;
- Review expenditures throughout the year to ensure planning is on target.
- Contribute to short-term project goals, and long-term roadmaps that define the direction of the technology;
- Contribute to deployment schedules considering business and technical priorities.
- Develop and maintain a technology framework and roadmap that supports good decision making aligned with the strategic vision and operational needs;
- Remain current on market trends and technology improvements to effectively guide the technology roadmap.
- Effectively communicate goals, activities and progress of various on-going and future initiatives; and
- Communicate across many levels and business lines while being thoughtful, targeted, timely and informative.
- Collaborate with PMO and Operations to effectively contribute to projects that accomplish goals aligned with the strategic vision and operational needs.
- Through engagement with Operations, and other stakeholders, continue to understand the current and future needs of the divisions and communities and interpret and define the technical decisions that need to be made to meet these needs;
- Provide ownership of the architecture of the technology and ensure that it continues to meet Revera’s needs; and
- Demonstrate superior capabilities that align with Revera’s Core Competencies.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Post-secondary education;
- Previous work experience in health care a bonus;
- 5+ years’ experience in technical architecture design;
- Strong vendor management experience;
- Experience in leading requirement gathering sessions with diverse stakeholders;
- Experience developing, documenting and maintaining architecture designs;
- Knowledge of all aspects of IT including applications, information, customer support and operations;
- Previous strong experience with the technologies
- Participate as an effective and collaborative team player;
- Ability to function effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands and crisis management;
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects at the same time;
- Excellent verbal and written skills and ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to executive staff, business sponsors and technical resources in clear concise language;
Revera Core Competencies:
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost-effective results.
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development. Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service and choices.
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.