Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
The Resident Attendant provides personal care and performs selected tasks, which are within their knowledge and skill, under the direction of their supervisor while adhering to regulatory and Revera's standards, policies and procedures.
- To adhere to the plan of care as determined by the supervisor;
- To facilitate residents' move in and transfers where applicable;
- To observe and report on residents/clients care/service utilizing appropriate Revera forms or tools;
- To assist the resident/client with personal care and hygiene and activities of daily living;
- To observe and report on changes in residents/clients condition to supervisor;
- To escalate medical emergencies to supervisor or emergency medical services as appropriate;
- To plan and prepare nutritious meals as required;
- To assist with ambulation, mobilization, transferring and adaptive aids;
- To demonstrate understanding of resident/client needs and maximize abilities;
- To provide cognitive, social, emotional, and psychological support to the resident/client/family;
- To maintain resident/client information confidentiality;
- To respond to resident/client/family concerns and ensure appropriate action taken within
decision making authority and or concern communicated to supervisor;
- To assist in maintaining a safe and cleanly environment, including residents/clients equipment , belongings, and nursing equipment;
- To observe & report to the Client Service Supervisor any concerns regarding client's safety, including physical environment, implement interventions as directed by his/her supervisor & advocate on client's behalf to ensure client's safety is maintained;
- To engage with other agencies involved in resident/client care as directed;
- To attend in services to develop knowledge and skills;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of Personal Support Worker program (or provincial equivalent certificate program with minimum 600 hours in Ontario & Alberta of theory & practicum)
- Experience working with seniors in the community health services setting
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer focus skills - Must have demonstrated sound skills and knowledge of providing personal care duties
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification required
- Ability to perform tasks that are necessary for the position, e.g. lifting/transferring clients
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.