Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
The Director of Capital Management & Technical Services is responsible for directing the design development, estimating, tendering and contract management of multiple Revera renovation and expansion projects.
- To manage a team consisting of Regional Managers, Room Renovations Coordinator, Architect, Commodity Buyer and Interior Designer;
- To provide recommendations for the organizational structure relative to Capital Management & implement any changes;
- To consult with Operations Department, Executive Directors, Asset Management Team, and Project Managers, to develop, implement, and maintain five year capital budgets for all properties within the portfolio;
- To sign off on all annual property level capital budgets;
- To provide necessary data, and assistance in the preparation of annual business plans for each asset in the portfolio;
- To direct the design development, estimating, tendering and contract management of multiple renovation / expansion projects, in conjunction with consultants and third party engineers, across the portfolio;
- To direct Project Managers, consultants and contractors, to insure the complete and thorough coordination, supervision, and quality control for all capital projects;
- To direct smaller capital renovations / repair projects such as roof replacement, building envelope repair, window replacements, interior finishes, etc;
- To provide regular monthly reporting to V.P. Capital Management on the status of all Capital Projects;
- To oversee the preparation and approval of construction schedules/budgets and establish procedures for controlling and reporting costs for all phases of capital projects;
- To coordinate with our Commodity Buyer and Interior Designer for the procurement of all Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment for various projects;
- To manage the Room Renovations program through the Room Renovations Coordinator;
- To provide direct support to the Transaction Group with respect to structural and environmental due diligence for properties under contract, acquisition or disposition;
- To work closely with the Development Team, on the design and specifications for any property expansions or new developments;
- To work closely with the Director of Maintenance, relative to capital requests for the various homes in the portfolio;
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete all other duties as assigned.
- University degree, Professional Designation an asset
- Ten (10) years experience in construction, project/property management within the seniors housing sector, multi residential or hotel business
Management skills and experience leading team
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people
- Detail oriented with a strong construction background and the ability to understand the concept of value creation within the real estate portfolio
- Ability to prepare detailed forecasted capital budgets
- Exceptional strategic and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide creative solutions to properties
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.