Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Assistant Executive Director works in collaboration with the Executive Director to ensure that the overall management and operation of the Retirement Residence provides high standards of service and value to our residents within, profit and margin expectations, and in a manner consistent with Revera's Retirement vision, mission and guiding principles.
- To collaborate with the Executive Director to select, orient and monitor the performance of departmental and program managers;
- To conduct annual performance appraisals in collaboration with the Executive Director;
- To participate in the development of the residence annual operating and capital budgets and ensure conformance to approved budgets on an ongoing basis;
- To establish residence goals and objectives in conjunction with the Executive Director and ensure that these are met within available budgetary and fiscal resources, and appropriate time frames;
- To administer collective agreements on a day-to-day basis and, together with the Executive Director, represents the company in the grievance and collective bargaining process;
- To share joint responsibility with the Executive Director and Director of Marketing for all sales and marketing functions of the residence to optimize occupancy;
- To conduct community and hospital outreach;
- To develop and maintain strong community relationships to maximize the availability of potential residents and to obtain feedback with regard to the services required;
- To participate in Care Conferences as required;
- To meet with resident's families to resolve issues;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Certificate / Degree in Business, Sales, Hospitality Management, Health, and / or Social Services
- Minimum of one (1) year relevant management experience, preferably in a retirement residence, hotel, or other hospitality industry setting
- Must possess strong leadership abilities
- Solid understanding of business planning processes and key business metrics to be achieved
- Property management and maintenance experience is an asset
- Sales and marketing experience is preferred to drive superior performance/results
- Thorough understanding of effective HR practices and policies
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively supervise the activities of department managers
- Must have demonstrated sound financial knowledge and understanding of how decisions can affect/impact results (NOI, operating margins, Occupancy, REVPAS)
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office applications)
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.