Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
• Live our values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence
• Lend a helping hand
• Cultivate relationships with staff, residents and families
• Lead with H.E.A.R.T. (hear, empathize, acknowledge, respond, thank)
• Identifies the educational and training needs in the facility to ensure quality of care
• Designs, develops and coordinates the delivery of Staff Development Programs to
meet these needs;
• Ensures good resident outcome and satisfaction through training needs of staff;
• Develops general orientation and ongoing educational programs based on learning
needs of staff;
• Communicates the planned program to encourage participation, involvement and
• Provides programs to enhance the working life and increase knowledge and esteem
of the staff;
• Evaluates the effectiveness and quality of Staff Development Program against
appropriate objectives and standards;
• Receives feedback from staff and department heads on training programs;
• Monitors new technology, trends in the delivery of each service and ensures staff
are trained appropriately;
• Role Profile Approved by: Date:
• Maintains staff attendance in-service records and quality management activities for
• Is knowledgeable of the Resident Bill of Rights / Governing Principles and
endeavours to promote it;
• Establishes adequate resource material on health related books, for nutrition,
activation and environmental departments;
• Performs clinical teaching sessions on the units as needed;
• Participates in QE / RM meetings;
• Responsible for teaching health and safety issues such as WHMIS, lifts and
transfers and back care in consultation with the Cambridge Head Office and the
Health & Safety Consultant;
• Responsible to carry out legislated duties for health and safety as per the
certification training program;
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
• Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with current registration
with the Provincial Licensing Body;
• Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN), or other healthcare
disciplines with Diploma in Gerontology, Nursing Administration, Rehabilitation,
Long Term Care, or the equivalent;
• Completion or working towards a course in adult education at the community
college level is considered an asset;
• Must possess good written and oral communication skills;
• Good motivational and time management skills, good inter-departmental
communications and leadership skills are necessary;
• Good working attitude and team building skills are a must;
• The successful incumbent will be the management certified Health and Safety
• Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
• Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.