Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Care Coordinator is responsible for liaising with Residents, Families and Team Members to support the operation and interdepartmental team within Resident Care. The position is people focused and highly collaborative with a substantial component of the role being the maintenance of strong resident, family and team member relations
- Cultivate strong relationships with staff, residents and families;
- Live our values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence throughout all interactions with residents, family members and team members; and
- Ensure that residents and family members are feeling supported and communicated with as required.
- Liaise with residents and families;
- Organize and schedule work functions and motivate, coach and lead a team;
- Ability to work in a flexible environment to meet the needs of the resident, including weekend and holiday coverage as required;
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook along and Electronic Care Systems;
- Liaise with the Director of Health and Wellness and other operational leaders ensuring that resident care needs are met as per the health and wellness plan;
- Ensure that residents and/or families are provided with all pertinent information, including a detailed tour of the home;
- Develop and run pre-admission seminars and other appropriate workshops in co-operation with other staff;
- Assist with maintaining the education files of employees ensuring all mandatory education expectations are met;
- Develop and provide education including new hire orientation throughout the calendar year for all home staff as required for all classifications;
- Participate in the development of the annual business plan, operating budget, capital plan, marketing plan and continuous quality improvement as required;
- Provide general office support as required;
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Strong oral, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Community college level courses or equivalent preferably in healthcare or social services discipline;
- Experience leading a team;
- Previous experience in broader healthcare or social services setting an asset;
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence in handling stressful and demanding situations;
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Windows & Excel along with other general computer applications; and
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.