Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
Successful completion of a nursing education program designed to prepare you for the type of nursing (RN, RPN ) in Ontario.
Registered Nurse - An approved Canadian university baccalaureate degree in nursing
Registered Practical Nurse - An approved Ontario college diploma program in practical nursing
Key Responsibilities – Under the supervision of a Licensed Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse:
- To work as a member of the inter professional team as described by Revera’s Professional Practice Model applying the person centered approach to care;
- To complete and ensure resident’s clinical care assessments, care/service plans
- and documentation are accurate, up to date and changes communicated as
- To implement and evaluate the effectiveness of the care/service plans and make
- To assist with scheduling of resident’s care conferences and participate in
- conferences where applicable;
- To work closely with Director of Care to facilitate resident’s move in, move out and
- To provide direct resident care and medication/ treatment administration and
- document care in compliance with regulatory and Revera Resident Care standards
- and policies and procedures;
- To process the orders and safe keep drugs and narcotics and administer in
- compliance with all regulatory requirements, scope of practice and Revera policies
- and procedures;
- To facilitate and provide resident/family education;
- To plan, coordinate, manage & evaluate the resident’s care plan working with the
- resident/substitute decision maker, physicians, nursing & interdisciplinary team and
- contracted service providers;
- To coordinate nursing team’s resident care assignments to ensure efficient and
- timely delivery of services to residents;
- To respond to and manage significant changes in resident’s condition and or
- medical emergencies; provide emergency first aid;
- To respond to resident/family concerns and ensure appropriate action taken and or
- concern communicated to Director of Care/Executive Director and other
- To follow and assist the Director of Care in the coordination, implementation and
- monitoring of Infection Prevention and Control , Health and Safety and Clinical
- Programs and Quality/Safety Plans for the Nursing Department;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating
- particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- Report to registered staff any risk issues identified immediately.
- To complete all other duties as assigned.
Applicant must refrain from using the protected title or “RN” or “RPN” during the placement.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
The SPEP program provides eligible Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs) with the opportunity to obtain a supervised practice experience in LTCHs that can be used to meet CNO’s evidence of practice and language proficiency requirements.
- Nursing Education - Must demonstrate the successful completion of a nursing education program designed to prepare you for the type of nursing (RN, RPN or NP) that you want to practise in Ontario.
- Registration Examination - Must successfully complete the registration examination approved by the College for the type of nursing you want to practise.
- Jurisprudence Examination - Must successfully complete either the RN/RPN Jurisprudence Examination or the NP Jurisprudence Examination.
- Authorization to Work - Must provide proof of your citizenship, residency status, or authorization to practise nursing in Ontario before you can register as a nurse in Ontario.
- Past Offences and Findings - Must truthfully state whether you have ever been found guilty of an offence, refused registration, had a finding related to the practice of nursing or another profession against you, or are involved in certain proceedings.
- Health and Conduct - Must declare whether you suffer from any physical or mental condition or disorder that could affect your ability to practise nursing in a safe manner. The College must also be satisfied that you will practise with decency, honesty and integrity, and in accordance with the law.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.