Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
Reporting to the Director of Culinary Services, the Dining Room Supervisor directs and supervises the activities of the dining room to provide a high level of service for our residents.
- Directs and supervises the activities of the dining room to provide a high level of service;
- Ensures shift routines are current, monitors work flow, evaluates performance and service delivery that is consistent with principles outlined in "The Main Course' and corporate standards, and makes changes as required to ensure the consistency in quality of service;
- Recruits and orients dining room wait staff, completes work schedules and authorizes leaves of absences;
- Provides job analysis and role functions for all dietary personnel within their scope of practices;
- Responsible for supervising, coaching, redirecting, and evaluating dining room staff performance to ensure a high level of productivity and the best use of staff capabilities, as well as to ensure that the objectives of the department are being met;
- Attempts to resolve personnel problems with staff and refers unresolved problems to Food Services;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of recognized course in Food & Beverage/Hospitality
- Completion of courses in service management, guest relations, service excellence, human resources or equivalent
- Completion of Safe Serve (Ontario) or equivalent
- Minimum of three years experience in hotel or restaurant fine dining service
- Ability to manage staff and resources
- Excellent human relations skills to handle diverse interactions with Residents, families and staff
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.