Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
Reporting to the Environmental Services Manager, the Environmental Services Assistant executes routine repairs and carries out minor maintenance operations with a focus on providing superior customer service to our residents.
- Executes routine repairs and carries out minor maintenance operations to electrical, mechanical plumbing equipment and building;
- Paints, performs minor carpentry and maintains exterior grounds except those services performed under service contract;
- At regular intervals, inspects the entire premises from a maintenance and safety standpoint and files required reports with supervisor;
- Adheres to established facility policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices;
- An employee, while assigned handyman responsibilities, will continue to fulfil all housekeeping and maintenance duties as required;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions in English
- Ability to self regulate and work independently
- Must be capable of performing necessary physical duties including the movement of heavy objects
- Must be familiar with and able to carry out minor repairs to facility and equipment
- Knowledge and training in plumbing, electrical, heating, water, gas, mechanical, plastering and painting
- Able to maintain and manage a budget - Detailed oriented with ability to track work done and record costs involved
- Knowledge of Health and Safety - Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.