Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Revenue Cycle, the Accounts Receivable Advisor's primary responsibility is to support the residences for all Point Click Care billing related issues and collections, proactively identify opportunities to improve, develop and maintain procedures for receivables processes.
This is a hybrid working environment with the expectation to be in the office 1-2 times a week.
- To oversee the resident maintenance and billing processes completed in the residences using Point Click Care;
- To conduct reviews of monthly reports and reconciliations to monitor accuracy and completeness of billings and trust accounts, and compliance to corporate policies;
- To proactively identify opportunities to improve receivables processes;
- To develop and maintain procedures for receivables processes;
- To oversee month end balancing and closing, as well as billing and EFT's;
- To perform Head Office banking and follow-up on PGT's and CTS deposits;
- To monitor rate increases and review census for accuracy;
- To calculate resident yearly rent increases;
- To reconcile Trust accounts monthly and escalate homes not following policy to manager;
- To follow up on resident refunds, current and stale dated;
- To ensure that corporate cash flow is maximized by ensuring residents pay on a timely basis;
- To process NSF payments, as well as monitor and track collections activities for all accounts over 30 days;
- To process and monitor desktop audits as per schedule;
- To prepare monthly detailed AR Aging analysis for Top 20 AR report;
- To establish effective working relationships with management in the homes and provide support and telephone training as required;
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete all other duties as assigned.
- Degree or diploma in Business Administration
- Previous general accounting experience in a complex computerized environment
- Familiar with Microsoft office suite (word, excel, ppt)
- Experience with Gold Care/Point Click Care considered an asset
- Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and client services skills
- Able to communicate with all levels of organization's management
- Positive attitude with a “can do” approach to finding solutions
- Dedication to exceptional performance
- Ability to deal enthusiastically with change
- Passion for ongoing learning and growth
- Experience in a mid to large-size company preferred
- English/French bilingual skills may be required, depending on the assigned geographic region
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.