Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
Mission: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Infection Control (IC) Manager, supports in developing and implementing the person-centered care philosophy; S/he is also accountable for establishing a culture of compliance and adherence to infection prevention and control (IPAC) while serving resident, families, and colleagues.
- Resident & Family Satisfaction- overall increased ratings as measured through satisfaction survey results
- Employee Engagement- Highly engaged teams as measured through annual employee engagement survey results
- Exceptional Quality Indicators- Successfully executed and sustained clinical outcomes
- A culture of compliance to promote the safety of residents, staff, and general public
- Adherence to IPAC standards & requirements set under the legislation and Revera’s IPAC Policies and Procedures
Resident Care, Quality, Infection Control and Compliance:
- To manage and oversee the IPAC program for the home
- To Lead the IPAC team at the home
- Oversee the delivery of IPAC education to all staff, caregivers, volunteers, visitors, and residents
- Auditing of IPAC practices in the home
- Trending & analyzing audit scores and investigating Root Causes (using the continuous quality improvement model) to support action planning
- Conduct regular infectious disease surveillance
- To ensure surveillance is completed, in HealthConnex, by the nurse/designate on the shift of Resident symptom onset, appropriate interventions implemented; Staff surveillance is conduct in HealthConnex by Managers at the site.
- To implement Revera’s IPAC policies and procedures and participate in the development, assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Home’s IPAC Program.
- To implement any Chief Medical Officer of Health or the Minister of Long-Term Care Directive issued
- To convene and participate with the Outbreak Team at onset of an outbreak and regularly through the outbreak
- Review any daily and monthly screening results and trend and analyze
- Ensure home has and maintains a hand hygiene program for residents, staff, and visitors
- To participate in and attend any Interdisciplinary/Quality Team meetings in the home to support IPAC across all disciplines
- To attend the regional IPAC meetings; education or communities of practice and report the status of the Home’s IPC Program
- To develop and maintain a relationship with the HUB, local Public Health, laboratory representative and IPAC leads at the regional and national level.
- To participate in quality initiatives, perform and/or coordinate audits on a regular basis and prepare action plans to ensure adherence to IPAC standards and recommend improvements.
- To identify and support any ethical situations related to IPAC using Revera’s Ethics program
- To plan, direct, develop, co-ordinate, implement and evaluate resident care;
- To ensure resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives are promoted.
- To align resident care services with the defined needs of the internal and external community.
- To participate in Care Conferences as appropriate, meet with residents/family to resolve problems/ concerns/complaints related to IPAC
- To maintain a liaison with hospital, medical staff, community and health care related disciplines and partner to ensure the most effective provision of care delivery in the home related to IPAC.
Human Resources and Administrative:
- To oversee the financial and human resource management aspects of the IPAC function within the home.
- To hire, direct, supervise, evaluate, promote, or terminate staff within the home.
- To ensure quality care and a safe, effective, and efficient work environment.
- To identify the IPAC educational and training needs in the home and to coordinate and facilitate staff development programs to meet these needs, improve quality of care and foster Revera’s person centered care philosophy.
- To coordinate and provide ongoing education to staff, residents, care givers and visitors on the principles and practices of infection prevention and control and new emerging infectious diseases and organisms.
- To ensure the availability and maintenance of IPAC supplies and equipment to meet the needs of the home in a fiscally responsible manner.
- To assume responsibilities of the Executive Director and or other managers as required in their absence.
- To maintain required education/certifications/credentials in accordance with the applicable regulations.
- To be knowledgeable of the Resident Bill of Rights/Governing Principles and endeavor to promote it.
- To uphold and promote Revera’s Core Values and Code of Conduct.
- To complete all other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- IPAC education and experience in:
- Infectious Diseases
- Cleaning & Disinfection
- Data Collection & Trend Analysis
- Reporting Protocols
- Outbreak Management
- Adult Education
- Program Management
- Successful completion of an IPAC Canada Endorsed Course upon hire or within one year of hire
- Shall have current certification in infection control from the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology (on or before April 11, 2025).
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working as healthcare professional in the long-term care sector.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Professional competencies related to life-long learning, public relations, and health environment awareness
- Possession of strong motivational, team building and time management skills.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite and iPads
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.