Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
This is a 15 month contract.
The Capital Accountant will perform tasks of a general accounting nature with respect to capital asset financial statement line items. As part of these tasks, the Capital Accountant prepares specified journal entries, performs account reconciliations and prepares capital expenditure progress reports.
- To prepare all journal entries (including capitalization of projects);
- To prepare balance sheet account reconciliations (project cost and capital);
- To review, analyze and investigate non-approved capital expenditure transactions;
- To assist with external audit;
- To prepare monthly progress reports;
- To perform analysis of non-approved capital expenditures;
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To perform all other duties as assigned.
- 0 to 7 years relevant working experience
- Pursuing accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA)
- Experience with accounting and/or enterprise reporting systems preferred
- Knowledge of financial concepts and principles
- Ability to interpret financial reports, ledgers, graphs and tables
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Experience in preparation of audit working papers
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and influencing skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Results focused and ability to carry out assigned tasks
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.