This job posting is no longer active.
Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
This is a 15 month contract.
The Corporate Accountant will provide accurate, timely accounting and reporting of a general nature, in a team environment, with respect to Corporate financial statement line items including: Cash, Long Term Debt, Long Term Receivables, Investments, Related Party transactions, inter-company transactions, Compensation accruals, Insurance premiums/liabilities/claims, G&A expenses and Corporate cost allocations.
- Prepare schedules and related journal entries including: Long Term Debt payments and accruals, Related party transactions, Long Term Receivable transactions and accruals, Inter-company accounting, Treasury initiated banking transactions;
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations (Mortgages, Accrued/Prepaid interest, Capital Leases, Loan Receivables, Investments, Interco Notes, etc);
- Contribute to quarterly financial statement notes/disclosures;
- Collaborate with other departments to maintain awareness of issues and expedite resolutions;
- Assist with internal and external audits;
- Perform special projects and prepare reports as required;
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Ad hoc requests and other duties as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting; accounting designation (or pursuing) is an asset
- 3+ years related experience
- Experience with large scale enterprise reporting systems, JDE knowledge an asset
- Intermediate-to-advanced excel skills for working with large volumes of data
- Experience in preparation of audit working papers
- Ability to interpret both financial reports and legal documents
- Solid analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Effective problem solving, critical thinking and influence skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Result and task oriented to meet required timelines with quality results
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.