Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
This is a 22 month contract.
Hybrid role with the expectation to be in the office 1-2 times a week.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Manager of Accounting Policy is responsible for Revera’s Accounting & Reporting policies, procedures and training framework. As part of these responsibilities, the Accounting Policy Manager will ensure Revera is International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) compliant by interpreting and overseeing the application of new IFRS standards, maintain documentation of policies and internal controls over financial reporting, as well as manage the annual audit process by acting as the primary liaison between Revera and external auditors. Finally, the Manager of Accounting Policy will assist with complex accounting transactions, impairment and valuation testing as well as the quarterly fair value reporting.
- Successful management and completion of the annual audits;
- Timely and accurate completion of quarterly fair value reporting;
- Implementation of any new and revised IFRS standards with thorough analysis of implications to Revera reporting;
- Provide IFRS guidance to reporting teams for complex accounting transactions and ensure proper presentation in the financial statements.
- To document policies and procedures that govern the Accounting & Reporting processes;
- To provide technical accounting consultation services to assist with policy and IFRS interpretation;
- To prepare the quarterly and annual Fair Value Balance Sheet;
- To manage the annual audit process with external auditors and internal Revera teams to ensure timely and efficient completion of all the audits;
- Ensure compliance of Revera financial statements with IFRS standards by interpreting new and revised IFRS pronouncements;
- To create and implement a policy and procedure framework to include:
- Accounting policies and procedures
- Process governance
- Training to promote awareness and understanding
- Monitoring to verify policy compliance
- To ensure comprehension and understanding of policies and procedures within the organization (training for policies and procedures);
- To identify policies, procedures and training needs through liaison with relevant Revera teams;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- CPA, CA designation and public accounting experience required;
- Strong knowledge of IFRS with experience in analyzing and implementing new and revised standards;
- Knowledge of US GAAP and ASPE an asset;
- Strong knowledge of internal controls over financial reporting and related processes, experience developing policies & procedures preferred;
- 5 + years of relevant working experience;
- Experience with transaction accounting (acquisitions, divestitures) preferable;
- Experience with accounting and/or enterprise reporting systems;
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Team player with the flexibility to support a variety of projects and manage deadlines;
- People and performance management experience;
- Strong problem solving skills with a proactive attitude and approach to meeting business needs.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.