Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
Reporting to the Director of Health & Wellness, the Associate Director of Health & Wellness assists with the overall management of the nursing program for the residents.
Assists the Director of Health and Wellness with the following:
- Plans, directs, co-ordinates and supervises the overall nursing program for residents within the residence;
- Co-ordinates and promotes the interdisciplinary approach within the residence through the Nursing, Food Services, Activation, Environmental Service and Administrative Departments;
- Implements and monitors controls and safekeeping of drugs and narcotics. Supervises the drug administration program including the administration of medication by all staff;
- Directs and monitors the maintenance of health care records to ensure promote compliance with regulations and quality care for the resident;
- Participates in Care Conferences as required, meets with residents' family to resolve problems/ concerns/complaints;
- Assists the Executive Director by collaborating with the House Physician to ensure that medical attention and records are in compliance with regulations;
- Hires, orients, schedules, supervise and evaluate the performance of nursing personnel. This includes use of the disciplinary process in conjunction with Executive Director;
- Monitors and reviews resident care staff compliance with all residence policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices;
- Complies with all relevant Provincial and Federal Acts and Regulations, i.e. Health Disciplines Act, Human Rights Code, Labour Relations Act, WSIB, College of Nurses Standards, Regulated Health Profession Act., etc.;
- Assists the Executive Director with budget preparation and implementation for the Nursing Department;
- Investigates complaints;
- Co-ordinates and monitors the Infection Control Program for the Nursing Department;
- Assumes administrative duties as required in the Executive Director's absence;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse with The College of Nurses is required
- A minimum of three years relevant experience in organizational management, retirement and/or long-term care. Current C.P.R. designation required
- Professional competencies related to communication, life-long learning, public relations and health environment awareness
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.