This job posting is no longer active.
Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
Reporting to the Director of Culinary Services/the Dietary Manager, the Dietary Aide provides support to the set up, preparation, serving and clean up associated with all meal services in the Residence/Home.
- To serve meals to residents and guests in a professional and courteous manner;
- To assist in the set up and preparation for service of various items such as beverages, salads, desserts, etc.;
- To set and clear dining tables and deliver tray service as required;
- To assist with cleaning of dishware, cutlery at the conclusion of each seating as required;
- To assist with maintaining the cleanliness of kitchen and dining area as required;
- To assist with catering, and actively participate in special occasions and theme events;
- To assist in the orientation and training of new dietary employees;
- To follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures;
- To comply with all provincial regulations and established department policies and procedures;
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- To attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents;
- To attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place;
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a Food Handler's Certificate
- Preference will be given to individuals who have previous experience in the food service industry and working with seniors
- Must possess or be enrolled in Food Service Worker Training Program
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand/walk for majority of shift
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.