Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
Reporting to the Manager, Accounting Policy, the Accounting Policy Analyst is responsible for ensuring that Revera is International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) compliant in financial reporting. This role will assist with interpreting and applying new IFRS requirements; proper documentation on all accounting policies and internal controls over financial reporting at Revera; and act as the primary liaison with the external auditors. Lastly, this role will assist with accounting for complex transactions and impairments/valuations.
- Act as the primary liaison with external auditors;
- Responsible for understanding and implementing new accounting standards and being the subject matter expert;
- Ensure proper documentation on existing financial accounting policies and internal controls over financial reporting;
- Assist in ensuring that Revera's reporting is compliant with IFRS;
- Decipher complex accounting topics into a clear and simple context and document conclusions drawn in accounting memos;
- Assist in ensuring proper accounting for acquisition transactions and the related transaction costs, disposition transactions, properties held for sale assessment and impairment considerations;
- Assist with monthly financial reporting tasks;
- Assist in the quarterly and annual report preparation including drafting note disclosures;
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Ad hoc requests and other duties as assigned.
- CPA, CA designation and public accounting (audit) experience required
- Minimum of 3 - 7 years of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Exposure to public company financial reporting
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and ASPE
- Strong knowledge of internal controls over financial reporting
- Driven and focused on results
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player with the flexibility to support a variety of projects
- Experience in real estate, health care or investment management industry is considered an asset
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.