Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Assistant Executive Director is responsible for the support of overall management and operations of the Long Term Care home. In this role the focus will be on achieving optimum standards of service, care and value to our residents within profit objectives and in a manner consistent with regulatory requirements and Revera's mission and values.
- Maintain efficient operations within prescribed budgetary parameters;
- Assist in the home's operations to ensure full compliance with expenditures related to funding streams;
- Assist in the maintenance of operations following compliance with authorities having jurisdiction and consistency with Revera's policies and procedures;
- Support and promote a culture of customer service;
- Participate in the development of the home's annual operating and capital budgets and ensure conformance to approved budgets on an ongoing basis;
- Ensure staff maintain professional competencies and current knowledge of appropriate policies, procedures and regulatory requirements;
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to select, orient and train new hires;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Degree in health, Business, Marketing and or Social Services
- Minimum of one (1) year of relevant management experience
- Experience and or studies in gerontology, health management, supervision, budgeting, operating statements analysis, computer applications, labour relations and a thorough awareness of applicable legislation governing LTC operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous quality improvement processes
- Administrator Certification (preferred)
- Must possess strong leadership abilities
- Analytical thinking and decision making
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.