This job posting is no longer active.
Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
As the Executive Director you will have an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our residents and their families by taking on responsibility for the overall management and operations of the home. You will leverage your leadership skills to engage employees and achieve optimum standards of care, service and value for our residents while consistently working within budgetary goals and regulatory requirements.
In this role you will be focused on:
- Attracting and engaging managers and employees who model Revera's values and provide exceptional care
- Achieving a high level of employee, resident and family satisfaction
- Ensuring resident safety and care that meets or exceeds regulatory requirements
- Ensuring the success of Quality Improvement Programs and initiatives
- Managing financial resources and meeting/exceeding targets
What You Will Do:
Collaborate - Work with multidisciplinary teams at the community, regional and support team to support the health and well-being of all residents
Manage - Oversee all operations and expenditures related to funding streams, balancing funding envelopes and ensuring all accountabilities are met with respect to jurisdictional authorities and Revera policies/procedures
Comply - Ensure all practices are in compliance with relevant Provincial and Federal Acts and Regulations, including Collective Agreements
Lend a Helping Hand - Take a hands-on approach to supporting managers, employees, residents, and families through their day-to-day priorities
Cultivate - Hire, train and engage a team of managers and employees respect the Resident Bill of Rights and deliver quality care in compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
Respond with HEART - Hear, Empathize, Acknowledge, Respond and Thank
What You Bring:
- A university degree in Health, Gerontology, Business, Marketing or Social Services
- Your LTC Administrator Certification (where applicable)
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant health management experience including budgeting, operating statement analysis, labour relations and a thorough awareness of applicable legislation governing LTC operations
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage and manage a sizeable multidisciplinary team, in a unionized environment
- Solid understanding of business planning processes and business metrics
- Experience in risk management activities and demonstrated knowledge of continuous quality improvement processes
- Passion to promote a person-centered care philosophy and work with seniors
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
What We Offer:
- Support from your Regional and National Team
- Varied career experiences and opportunities
- Benefits and Pension Package
- Work life balance
- Vision to support a person-centered care philosophy
What are you waiting for?
Join us in celebrating the ageless spirit of people through service and innovation.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.