This job posting is no longer active.
Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
Reporting to the Director of Property Accounting, the Manager of Property Accounting and Reporting will perform tasks of a general accounting nature with respect to balance sheet and income statement financial statement line items, ensure financial compliance with government funding regulations and oversee a team of 6 direct reports.
As part of these tasks, the Manager of Property Accounting and Reporting reviews and approves specified journal entries, account reconciliations, and government reporting for the consolidated company and its partners. The Manager of Property Accounting and Reporting ensures that the company's accounting policies are properly enforced. The manager will organize and lead the team through acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, business combinations and other projects as required.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, self-motivated and possess a high attention to detail while still being able to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. This position requires a team player who will be able to assist multiple project managers and staff on a daily basis while breaking down silos to improve overall efficiency.
- Achieve established timelines for reporting periods;
- Support organizational needs for information while improving effectiveness of delivery;
- Support with organizational changes - acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures;
- Maintain controls over accounting processes;
- Ensure multiple quarterly financial statement notes & disclosures are completed to time lines with accuracy;
- Identify and take advantage of opportunities for improvement in accounting & financial reporting;
- Recruit, train, develop and performance manage the regional Property Accounting team;
- Support both internal and external audits;
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 + years of relevant working experience
- Accounting designation (CPA)
- Experience with accounting and/or enterprise reporting systems
- Experience working with acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures
- Project management experience
- Strong financial accounting background with experience in preparation of working papers
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Detail-oriented individual who emphasizes accuracy
- Ability to build strong working relationships across the organization
- Strong personal integrity
- Desire to learn more
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.