This job posting is no longer active.
Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
Reporting to the Vice-President of Operations, the Regional Director of Operations is responsible for all aspects of operations for the residences within a specified region. The incumbent will maintain high standards of service to our clients and build a sales culture within their region while ensuring that operating budgets are met and exceeded. In keeping with our corporate philosophy, the Regional Director of Operations will seek out ways to continuously improve service, quality, customer satisfaction, and employee engagement. S/he will have the opportunity to develop and implement programming in their region.
- To oversee all aspects of the day to day operation of residences, through effective planning, organizing and implementation;
- To recruit, orient, supervise, train, coach and performance manage Executive Directors under his / her scope of responsibility;
- To monitor quality in all residences to ensure adherence to corporate guidelines, policies and standards, applicable provincial statutes, regulations and standards of the regulatory bodies and associations;
- To work with Asset Management on the implementation of approved business plans;
- To collaborate with Sales and Marketing to ensure sales and marketing plans are developed and implemented and sales targets are achieved;
- To promote a positive sales culture;
- To support Executive Directors in development / utilization of budgets and financial reports including monitoring variances;
- To encourage and promote positive communication at all levels, ensuring optimum performance and understanding of goals;
- To conduct regular site visits to ensure that site's physical plan, programs and services are maintained in a manner that reflects Revera Retirement standards;
- To establish and maintain a good rapport with local health and community agencies through attending speaking engagements;
- To actively promote Revera Retirement to achieve a reputation as the premier of Retirement Living;
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct ;
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as Business, Marketing, Healthcare or Hospitality
- Previous experience as a senior executive, in the retirement, hospitality or multi-unit housing sector
- Must be a dynamic, natural leader and a strong team builder to provide support to direct reports
- Must have excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Must have strong financial skills
- Must have strong sales skills and be able to promote a sales culture
- Must be available for some travel
- Must have a passion for working with seniors
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management staff, seniors and their families, healthcare professionals and community stakeholders
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.