Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
The Town Driver is responsible for transporting Residents in the company vehicle to various events and activities coordinated by the Residence.
- To establish and maintain harmonious relationships with residents, their families and employees;
- To assist residents with care requirements (walkers/wheelchairs, etc.) while entering and exiting the facility vehicle;
- To transport residents in the facility vehicle to various scheduled locations, outings and events;
- To assist with other duties as assigned;
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- To attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents;
- To attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place;
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Must demonstrate strong written and verbal English skills
- Must possess a valid and applicable class of drivers license, with a clean driving record; ON - Class F ; MB AB BC - Class 4
- Will have proof of current, valid CPR and First Aid certification
- Enjoys working closely with team members and has a strong desire to provide our residents with a better quality of life
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating empathy and patience
- Previous experience working with seniors is considered an asset
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.