This job posting is no longer active.
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
YOU make a difference
If you want to feel like you are making a difference every day, you've come to the right place. Our residents are unique and special, and so are our employees. By working in our homes, you can help create memorable experiences for our seniors.
Revera’s person-centred approach offers security and peace of mind to both residents and family members. We believe we work in our residents’ homes, and care passionately about providing excellent care, with state-of-the art facilities and vibrant, welcoming communities. For many of us, providing care is more than a career — it’s a calling.
Ready to spark some joy? For seniors at Revera, recreation can help spark a renewed sense of purpose. Reporting to the Recreation Manager, you will help plan, organize and deliver our comprehensive recreation program. Tailored to the needs of each resident, our holistic approach covers everything from physical and mental wellbeing, to emotional, spiritual and social sides of recreation.
In this role, you will:
• Participate in team planning and program planning for both individual residents and overall plans of care;
• Maintain resident and department records, including individual assessments;
• Work collaboratively with resident volunteers, family and staff;
• Keep abreast of current trends in recreation, through conferences and education.
What YOU bring
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or a related field
• Recreational therapy experience, especially as it relates to seniors with physical or cognitive impairment
• The energy and compassion needed to work with the elderly
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Activity Pro Application
• Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Check (VSC)
What we offer
• Technology to help you do your job better
• Benefits and Pension Package
• Better work life balance
• Vision to support Person Centered Care
Ready to spark some joy? Join us in celebrating the ageless spirit of people.
We’d love to hear from you. Apply today!
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.