Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
EFT: Multiple part time positions available
Shift: Day shift, Evening shifts and Night shift
CLOSING DATE: TBD
POSITIONS ARE ONLY OPEN TO EXISTING UNCERTIFIED HEALTH CARE AIDES AND ARE CONDITIONAL UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE 7-DAY MICRO-CREDENTIAL OR APPROVED EQUIVALENT AND AN APPROVED HCA TRAINING PROGRAM.
• Currently an uncertified Health Care Aide with a minimum of 1200 paid hours in the past 2 years.
• Completed an approved 7-day Health Care Support Worker micro-credential course or equivalent.
• Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
• 18 years or older; Grade 12 (or mature student Grade 10).
• English speaking (Level 6 IELTS or Level 7 CLB).
• Applicants must commit to completing an approved Health Care Aide training program. See: https://healthcareersmanitoba.ca/professions/clinical-support/uncertified-health-care-aides/bridging-program/
• Successful applicants will receive a letter of offer for a Health Care Aide Trainee position that is conditional upon successful completion of an approved Health Care Aide training program.
• Successful applicants will be paid at the uncertified Health Care Aide rate of pay for hours worked as an uncertified Health Care Aide at their hiring Personal Care Home while in the training program.
• Successful applicants must successfully complete the approved Health Care Aide training program within 12 months.
• Upon successful completion of the approved Health Care Aide training program, will:
o Assume a certified Health Care Aide position and salary at the Personal Care Home hired at.
o Completes a return of service commitment equivalent to annual full-time hours within the Personal Care Home sector.
Under the general supervision of the Manager, RN, RPN, and/or LPN, the uncertified Health Care Aide works with all members of the Personal Care Home health care team including certified Health Care Aides assisting with resident care and providing basic supportive care as directed including:
• promotes and assists residents in maintaining activities of daily living (ADL) like walking, bathing, feeding, etc.
• provides support and assistance to members of the health care team including assistance to certified Health Care Aides that are within the uncertified Health Care Aide’s ability, competence, and training
• assists residents to maintain adequate rest and activity
• assists with constant care and/or close observation to residents as assigned
• monitors wandering residents as assigned
• responds promptly to resident calls, ensuring call bells are within resident reach
• transports residents as required
• responds to the physical and emotional needs of residents
• provides relevant patient information to the health care team to assist in care planning
• assists with obtaining, cleaning, and maintaining equipment as directed
• demonstrates a working knowledge of unit equipment, e.g. patient lift and transfer devices
• restocks supplies as assigned
• responds appropriately to inquiries, relays messages, and initiates appropriate action as directed
• reports and records resident care provided and changes observed
• Position may involve physical activities such as standing, transferring, and transporting patients and equipment
• May encounter aggressive and/or agitated individuals
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.