This job posting is no longer active.
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the National Director of Culinary Services, the Regional Manager of Culinary is responsible for supporting the delivery of an exceptional overall dining experience and the development and implementation of innovative food and beverage programs to Canadian Retirement Operations.
This position will be highly interactive with the regional operations team and Directors of Culinary Services and provides operational support and leadership to ensure compliance with regulatory standards and Revera policies and procedures. They provide culinary expertise and guidance to communities to achieve business goals, employee engagement and the highest levels of resident and guest satisfaction.
- Provides training and guidance to Directors of Culinary Services regarding menu planning, food purchasing and preparation, beverage service and dining room operations, designed to enhance the complete dining experience and ensure employee compliance with approved operating policies and procedures;
- Reviews work procedures and operational challenges to determine ways to maximize efficiencies, improve service, performance and safety and reduce/eliminate inefficiencies;
- Optimizes individual and team performance through effective leadership, mentoring and coaching;
- Ensures compliance with all Revera food and beverage quality standards - responsible for maintaining quality of product and ensuring consistency in its delivery;
- Ensures compliance with health and safety regulations/legislation;
- Ensures effective purchasing, storage, preparation, service and inventory controls are followed to minimize food waste/spoilage and manage food budgets;
- Assists Executive Directors with interviewing, hiring, onboarding and training of new Directors of Culinary Services;
- Develops an ongoing travel and site visit schedule in collaboration with the National Director of Culinary Services, regional operations team and community team and follows up in a timely manner with site visit reports and development plans;
- Assists in the development and implementation of Revera menus using culinary creativity to maximize the use of fresh ingredients and made from scratch cooking skills;
- Promotes the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary diploma in Food and Beverage Management from a recognized institution.
- Red Seal designation or equivalent.
- Current in regional and provincial certifications (MAPAQ, Food Handlers, Smart Serve, etc.).
- A minimum of five (5) years of Food and Beverage supervisory/management experience in a corporate or large multi-site Retirement or Hospitality operation.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience as a Director of Culinary Services or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in dining room service or management.
- Knowledge of industry specific programs.
- Knowledge of kitchen and dining service operations in a variety of food and beverage settings, including -A'la carte fine dining, bistro, pubs, in-room dining and catering functions.
- Previous experience training, coaching, motivating and evaluating regional culinary teams.
- Previous experience working in a unionized environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Leadership skills and the ability to inspire others to provide the highest standard of performance and customer service.
- Effective communication skills - including excellent written, verbal and presentation abilities.
- Computer proficiency -Microsoft Office (essential).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment - strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, creative and innovative.
- Customer service oriented.
- Irregular hours may be required.
- Criminal record check and vulnerable sectors check.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel extensively within area of responsibility.
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.