Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
The Manager -Memory Care Program is responsible for development, implementation and oversight of the Memory Care Program and serves as the leader and expert in Dementia/Alzheimer's Memory Care for the organization.
The Memory Care Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing and standardizing operational processes to include financial cost efficiencies and provision of quality care and quality of life services to residents in the program according to the legislative requirements.
- Facilitate the execution of the implementation of standardized Revera Memory Care Program practices;
- In collaboration with the Clinical leadership team, lead and direct all services and programming within the Memory Care Program ensuring exceptional quality of life care and services;
- Work in collaboration with divisional leads to develop, plan and lead the execution of a broad range of quality of life activity programming to engage staff, family and residents;
- Ensure implementation of the comprehensive Memory Care training;
- Recommend and evaluate staffing performance according to the memory care program requirements, meeting care and service standards and budget allocations;
- Work as a team member to enhance or improve existing materials or develop new materials for use in dementia care programs;
- Communicate any changes to provincial regulations within both divisions;
- Audit patterns of behavioral incidents with staff and residents to determine trends and areas for improvement;
- Serve as the organizational leader and expert in dementia/memory care keeping abreast of the most current research and innovative treatments;
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field (ie. social services, nursing) with a focus on seniors with memory care challenges
- Must be a Canadian regulated health care professional under the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 (RHPA) and health profession Acts
- Minimum of five years' experience working directly with individuals living with dementia / Alzheimer's / neurocognitive conditions; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in the design, development, and execution of programs and activities for individual's with dementia/Alzheimer's disease, preferably as the manager of a specialized dementia program
- Ability to lead, direct and motivate others to innovate and excel
- Ability to perform budget analysis, review and control
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing demands for time and attention
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.