This job posting is no longer active.
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Director, Financial Reporting the Manager, Investment Accounting is responsible for maintaining investment accounts, reconciling investment balances with the financial statements of Revera investees and coordinating with other finance departments.
- To maintain and reconcile investment account balances including equity-accounted investments and the financ
Reporting to the VP – Finance, the Manager - Investment Accounting is responsible for maintaining investment accounts, reconciling investment balances with the financial statements of Brighton investees and coordinating with other finance departments.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
ial statements of Revera investees;
- To act as the primary point of contact and liaison for accounting teams at Revera investees;
- To remain familiar with the organizational structure and key contacts for accounting teams at Revera investees;
- To understand key financial processes, systems and controls used by accounting teams at Revera investees;
- To support other internal Revera Finance teams in data requests from external accounting teams at Revera investees;
- To provide project support for significant acquisitions and dispositions that involve investment accounting;
- To review and analyze monthly general ledger uploads from accounting teams at Revera investees;
- To create and maintain mappings between different charts of accounts;
- To be available for ad-hoc requests;
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
- Holds a CPA accounting designation
- Experience in application and interpretation of accounting standards (IFRS, ASPE, US GAAP) and managing audit engagements
- 5-10 years experience in public accounting, internal audit with real estate and/or health care accounting experience a plus with demonstrated experience working with complex accounting scenarios
- Strong interpersonal skills and communications skills and comfortable managing strategic business relationships
- Strong organizational skills, detail orientated with proven capability to contribute to varied projects
- Able to handle multiple tasks, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.