Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Manager – IT Service Desk, the Team Lead – Service Desk is a key member of Revera’s Service Desk team. This role acts as the team go to and will ensure the team is providing a high standard of customer service excellence and fosters a continuous improvement mindset to maximize customer service as well as efficiency in IT operations.
- Assists the team and Manager with achieving the highest level of customer service and resolves incidents in a timely manner;
- Assists Manager when required with providing data and reporting for all service levels and trends to IT management and other audiences as applicable;
- Acts as the go to for the IT Service Desk Analysts to answer questions and assist with escalation of tickets;
- Derive and adhere to appropriate service levels according to business requirements in consultation with stakeholders; and
- Comply with all Revera and IT policies and procedures.
- Mentor the Service Desk team in their day-to-day operations and act as primary go to for any questions the team may have;
- Ensure incidents are resolved in priority order and assist the team in prioritizing their work to best serve the needs of the organization;
- Assist Manager with documentation standards and monitor team’s compliance as required;
- Act as primary point of escalation for the Service Desk Team, while engaging with Manager as required;
- Provide support to staff schedule to ensure relevant coverage both during regular operating hours and oncall/standby, and act as backup for regular support staff;
- Participate in Change Management activities;
- Keep Service Desk staff apprised of upcoming changes;
- At times, will be required to manage communication protocol for announcing unplanned system/service outages;
- Work with others in IT to permanently resolve any identified problems;
- Provide support in managing the repository that houses all required Service Desk documentation and procedures, work with other subject matter experts in IT and elsewhere to ensure proper ownership, accuracy and completeness of documentation;
- Provide support in order to maintain asset inventories according to IT guidelines;
- Follow all established IT policies and procedures;
- Have a friendly, patient and professional manner in all interactions;
- Stay abreast of new technologies;
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct; and
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- College diploma or university degree in a relevant field;
- Minimum 5 years IT experience in a multi-site, complex environment with minimum 1 to 2 years of experience leading an IT Service Desk;
- Demonstrated experience providing support in a Microsoft Windows environment, Cloud/SaaS environment experience an asset;
- Prior experience using and/or configuring an ITIL-compliant ITSM solution such as Cherwell (preferred), ServiceNow, ManageEngine etc.;
- Working knowledge of IT general controls;
- Wide breadth of IT knowledge through exposure to a variety of technologies, both hardware/infrastructure and software/applications;
- Preference given to candidates with technology certifications;
- ITIL certification;
- Superior customer service mindset;
- Sense of urgency;
- Superior trouble-shooting and analytical skills;
- Acute attention to detail, organized and precise;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Analytical, methodical and a strong problem-solver;
- “Roll up the sleeves” attitude;
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities; and
- Team player with an ability to interface effectively across all levels of the organization.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.