Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Manager - Revenue the Senior Business Analyst – Revenue Management will support centralized financial and business reporting, creation and analysis of operational performance management tools, and achieve proactive insights with the goal of maximizing total revenue per available suite. This role will support the Retirement Managed Division for Revera’s Canadian Operation.
- Responsible for the delivery of performance management tools that enable improved optimization of occupancy and rate;
- Conduct competitor analysis and share proactive insights on rates, services, and occupancy to the business;
- Provide value-added insights to identify revenue opportunities with regional teams;
- Improve allocation of revenue management resources to enable broader prioritization;
- Improve quality of competitor data;
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of detailed suite and property inventory in Yardi; and
- Deliver event-driven and ad-hoc analysis to identify and rationalize trends.
- Provide pro-active guidance and support to Sales, Marketing, and Finance on competitors and the sales funnel in the context of maximizing total revenue per available suite (REVPAS) while leveraging internal and external data;
- Provide centralized support to Regional Directors of Sales on revenue management, including discounting strategies and understanding the optimal tradeoff for occupancy vs. pricing in the context of known competition;
- Develop, maintain, and release division-wide, as well as residence specific, reports on a regular basis (i.e., regional reports, occupancy reports, etc.);
- Create, monitor and update financial models and business cases by extracting data from multiple sources (internal and external) with the ability to present in a value-added form resulting in the ability to calculate current and projected 5-year performance;
- Participate proactively in maintaining and developing standards, tools, and best practices in support of delivering the business’ revenue targets;
- Monitor total revenue per available suite (RevPAS) and its components with proactive follow up where appropriate;
- Develop, maintain and release analytical reports to aid regional sales leadership;
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct; and
- Complete all other tasks and strategic initiatives as assigned by Revenue Manager.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- University degree, Business or Finance preferred;
- 3-5 years of business experience preferably in revenue management in a hospitality industry or modelling and financial analysis;
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel to support modeling and analysis;
- Experience with revenue management tools like Revenue Analytics, YieldStar, LRO, IDeaS, Duetto is an preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to analyze complex financial problems and to provide solutions or recommendations;
- Highly proactive and motivated to succeed; and
- Team player with an ability to interface effectively across all levels of the organization.
Revera Core Competencies:
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost effective results.
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development. Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service and choices.
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.