Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
The Regional Manager of Health and Wellness collaborates with community management, regional leaders and support office team to provide operational and clinical decisions with a resident centric approach. The Regional Manager of Health and Wellness supports the communities in ensuring effective and efficient operation of all aspects of the Nursing/Clinical Programs within the communities, as well as the implementation and application of all policies/programs related to clinical services.
- As subject matter expert, in a dedicated and determined competency, develops key clinical programs, related policies and training material. Train all other Regional Managers of Health and Wellness for regional implementation and be available as required to support compliance and understanding;
- Regularly visit the communities across the assigned regions, as required and directed, to evaluate operational effectiveness of policy, quality practice programs, including compliance with set standards, policies, and procedures and including general observations of resident services operations;
- Assist with the coordination of special assignments and/or projects, as may be required, to support identified organizational and care program changes;
- Assist to develop and implement materials, forms, and templates for operational use in resident services;
- Support the Vice President - Health and Wellness in planning, leading, and coordinating quality practice development strategies and foster implementation; including conducting needs assessments and developing learning tools, evaluation methods and program delivery;
- Develop personal and professional goals and objectives on an annual basis, consistent with Revera's corporate directives;
- Represent Revera at appropriate seminars, workshops, marketing events, and other meetings or functions as required/directed;
- Actively support the Corporate Orientation Program, onboarding and orientation of all Directors of Health and Wellness;
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct
- To perform other duties as assigned.
- A current certificate of competency with the relevant provincial College of Nurses as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) and education in nursing, administration and gerontology
- Long term care and / or retirement diploma or certificate in organizational management is an asset
- Membership in a related professional organization is required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership role in either the retirement or long term care sector of seniors housing
- Sound knowledge and background in geriatrics, rehabilitation or long term care nursing; activation and administration experience is an asset
- Strong knowledge of the Nursing Regulations under CON, Health Disciplines Act, Pharmacy Act, Food & Drug Canada, Narcotic Control Act (Canada) Public Health Agency and other pertinent provincial, federal and municipal legislation which influence the operation of resident care in retirement communities most specifically nursing care
- Demonstrated ability in leadership, interpersonal skills, creative resolutions and marketing
- Demonstrated understanding and alignment with the Revera's Vision and Values
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to interact effectively and build relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Effective communication skills that include excellent written, oral, and education abilities
- Effective and creative problem solving skills combined with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team of multidisciplinary professionals
- The ability to manage timelines, adhere to schedules, and manage processes
- The ability to deal with challenging, competing, and changing priorities, as required and requested
- Knowledge of regulations, acts, program standards, and other pertinent provincial legislation
- Familiarity with organizational function, policies, and procedures of retirement communities as they relate to management and leadership
- Demonstrated knowledge with respect to developments and trends in the retirement sector
- Knowledge of current leadership principles
- A proficiency and knowledge of computers/computer programs
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel extensively within area of responsibility
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.