Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President – Asset Management, the Analyst will support the asset management team in overseeing Revera’s global portfolio and ensuring timely delivery of operating and development reporting requirements. This would include aiding with conducting market and industry competitive research, operating analysis and financial modeling to support the strategic planning and decision-making processes for portfolio and site level asset management, along with strategic opportunities.
- Ensure that Brighton management has accurate and up to date information on operating property performance, management company performance, and development/construction progress;
- Provide support to the team in coordinating with internal departments and External Managers where required;
- Exhibit effective relationship management to ensure target timelines, budgets, approval deadlines, and information requests are met; and
- Analyze opportunities to grow and maximize value through deep dive benchmarking and trending analysis within the portfolio.
- Maintain historic and future forecasts of portfolio information in an investment data base that includes investment KPIs: financial, operational, development, physical plant, and market conditions;
- Ensure Developments funding is tracked and forecasted relative to approved investment;
- Ensure funding documentation requirements are in place resulting in timely provision of funds to External Managers/Developers;
- Familiarity with assets and markets within the assigned portfolio;
- Analyze results in advance of monthly and quarterly results meetings;
- Prepare strategic asset and portfolio plans with the asset managers;
- Analyze annual business plans along with strategic capital submissions for major projects as required;
- Participate in the annual appraisal process for the portfolios to ensure accuracy of inputs;
- Maintain positive working relationships with External Managers, and Revera internal Teams (legal, accounting, corporate development, treasury);
- Ensure awareness of new developments, industry trends, demographic metrics, and competitive offerings in the markets that may impact asset strategy;
- Understand the impact of restrictions and rights in various Joint Venture agreements and relevant Revera policies.
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree, college diploma, or relevant industry experience; MBA and/or CFA designation a plus;
- 3+ years of experience in financial services, financial analysis, or real estate management/operations;
- Strong communication (both verbal and written), presentation and relationship building skills;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are required;
- Knowledge of the seniors housing industry, portfolios, and markets a plus;
- Client focus and detail orientated with a strong ability to multi-task and work well under pressure;
- Ability to interpret financial modeling resulting from: a) experience with financial modeling, valuation, IRR and discounted cash flow methodology; and/or b) the operational understanding of the drivers of NOI and Value;
- Motivated team player, able to successfully interact with multiple teams; and
- Positive attitude and a desire to help others.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.