Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
The Tax Analyst ensures compliance with tax reporting and filing requirements by preparing quarterly provisions for financial statements, preparation of corporate, partnership and trust returns, and reconciling the returns to the GL accounts.
- Ensure customer satisfaction to internal stakeholders and support customer satisfaction of external stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with corporate, partnership and trust taxation requirements;
- Timely and accurate in reporting requirements;
- Provide support as required for Revera’s overall tax costs/recoveries and process efficiencies; and
- Contribute to Revera’s financial targets.
- Assist in the preparation of working papers to support the tax provision for the quarterly financial statements, and annual tax returns;
- Assist in the preparation and filing of corporate, partnership, trust tax returns, and foreign reporting returns, ensuring that the returns are filed accurately and on a timely basis;
- Prepare account analysis and assist with filing of monthly sales tax (i.e. GST/HST, and QST) filings and returns.
- Co-ordinate all necessary tax installment and return payments on a timely basis.
- Review and reconcile government statements to accounting records, resolve discrepancies and prepare necessary journal entries.
- Assist with government audits including coordinating information requests, answering auditor queries and assisting with researching tax legislation to support filing positions;
- Support intercompany (IC) analysis of loans and notes.
- Preparation of monthly management fee calculations, tax accruals, current tax account balances and cash tax forecasts.
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Accounting designation (CPA) complete or actively working towards attaining.
- University or college degree in business administration, commerce or accounting required;
- Minimum 3 to 5 years preparing and filing corporate, partnership and trust tax returns;
- Willingness to complete the CPA Canada In-depth Tax course or other applicable courses;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet skills;
- Detail-oriented and enjoys problem solving;
- Ability to work independently;
- Enthusiasm for change and new challenges;
- High standard of integrity;
- Positive attitude with a "can do" approach to customer service; and
- Willingness to assist team members.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.