Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Resident Services Coordinator is responsible for liaising with Residents and Families during the admission process and annually thereafter.
• Live our values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence
• Lend a helping hand
• Cultivate relationships with staff, residents and families
• Lead with H.E.A.R.T. (hear, empathize, acknowledge, respond, thank)
• Liaises with Residents, families, and outside agencies;
• Ensures that all appropriate contacts are established and maintained within the community in-order to maximize the availability of potential residents and to obtain feedback with regard to the services required;
• Ensures that residents and/or families are provided with all pertinent information, including a detailed tour of the facility. Develops and run pre-admission seminars and other appropriate workshops in co-operation with other staff;
• Assists with maintaining the education files of employees ensuring all mandatory Education expectations are met;
• Develop and provide education including new hire orientation throughout the calendar year for all home staff as required for all classifications;
• May be required to participate in the development of the annual business plan, operating budget, capital plan, marketing plan and continuous quality improvement;
• Provide general office support as required
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
• Community college level courses or equivalent preferably in healthcare or social services discipline
• Certification and/or experience in Adult Education is considered an asset
• Previous experience in broader healthcare or social services setting an asset
• Demonstrate emotional intelligence in handling stressful and demanding situations
• Must have experience in Microsoft Word, Windows & Excel along with other general computer applications
• Proficiency in a second language is an asset
• Knowledge of operating systems considered an asset
• Proven ability to close sales and experience in working effectively with seniors in a health care environment
• Marketing experience would be a great asset
• Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS)
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.