Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Responsible to selects, evaluates and manages vendor partnerships. SS Manager uses these relationships, along with data analytics, to solve problems and achieve business goals that drive incremental value for the department. SS Manager also acts as an ambassador of the 7 Steps Strategic Sourcing Process implementation across assigned categories
- Successfully manages the supplier selection strategy (RFI, RFP) for a specific commodity under defined timelines while ensuring quantifiable results/savings.
- Drives the categories sourcing strategies for assigned categories
- Manages and executes 7 Steps Strategic Sourcing Process from end of end from industry research and market scan, through selection process to final negotiation.
- Negotiates best cost/value and terms for the company with suppliers across Canada
- Evaluating sourcing procedures and managing improvement strategies
- Analyzing and calculating procurement costs and developing cost reduction strategies.
- Negotiating contracts with key suppliers, including costs and terms of supply, service
- Conducting and managing market research programs related to assigned categories
- Analyzing industry trends, suppliers market dynamics at regional, national level
- Understanding the commodity and identifies cost and service metrics to achieve most viable solution and strives towards TCO for long term solutions.
- Understanding the value chain and proposing potential areas of extracting value
- Leading all activities related to 7 Steps Strategic Sourcing Process
- Identifying strategic partners, building sourcing strategies, leading complex and critical negotiations and delivering improved products and lower costs to the division.
- Identify, lead and track cost savings opportunities in support of cost savings target
- Developing and executing strategic plans in conjunction with company’s long term vision
- Proficient in complex PowerPoint presentations pertaining to sourcing process
- Coordinate with clients to guarantee terms of contracts are fulfilled in compliance with the contract terms and regulations
- Owns on-going management of the contract database for her/his categories
- Challenges the status quo of current contracts management process
- Manage and oversee contracts maintenance and ensures that funds, services and goods are received on time.
- Develop, maintain and update standard contract templates and forms as needed
- Maintain and create related reports for management as needed;
- Ensure existing contracts are renewed before expiry
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Strategic Sourcing
- Business Degree
- Previous experience in the health care/hospitality/real estate/retail industry is an asset
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong knowledge on 7 Steps Strategic Sourcing Process
- Technical knowledge of commodities purchased and key cost drivers
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with a sense of urgency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding excel and powerpoint presentation capability
- Self Starter
What We Offer:
Working with a progressive and collaborative strategic sourcing team
Technology to help you do your job better
Competitive Salary, Benefits and Pension Package
Hybrid working model with flexible working hours
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.