Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
What You'll Get As an Employee at Alta Vista:
- Free Parking
-A Great Working Environment
-Being able to build meaningful connections
Reporting to the Director of Culinary Services or Dietary Manager, the Dishwasher is responsible for the loading, operating and emptying of the dishwasher, in addition to ensuring all kitchen equipment and surfaces are kept clean and operational.
- To load, operate and empty dishwashers, putting the dishes away;
- To maintain a clean cooking area, including work table surfaces, stoves, ovens, grills, food storage room and exhaust hood, etc.;
- To damp mop floors;
- To clean other kitchen equipment such as blenders, refrigerators, dishwashers, etc.;
- To perform all duties with cleanliness in mind;
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- To attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the dietary needs of the residents;
- To attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place;
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Must have an empathy for and ability to get along with the elderly and the handicapped
- Ability to understand and follow the proper food handling and storage procedures
- The ability to understand and follow directions to serve the food correctly and attractively according to specified portion control
- The ability to work accurately and quickly
- Able to read and write English
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.