This job posting is no longer active.
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
The Regional HR Business Partner (RHRBP) will work with regional operations leadership to successfully execute local, regional and corporate initiatives within assigned Regions as they relate to maximizing the effectiveness of delivering business results through employees. The RHRBP will provide professional and prompt human resources support with respect to the administration of collective agreements, including grievance handling (up to the point of Mediation or Arbitration), progressive discipline, employee relations, investigations, health & safety advice and compliance monitoring, occupational and non-occupational disability management support, compliance with labour and employment legislation and regulations and development and maximization of talent. As a business partner, the RHRBP will be involved in key initiatives and ensuring those initiatives are aligned with the respective business goals and objectives of the organization.
- Provide regular and high-quality customer service, advice and solutions in all areas of HR– including employee relations, labour relations, talent management, health & safety and disability claims management to drive business outcomes;
- Proactively identify needs and concerns by observing employee, team and leadership behaviors and events, assessing key HR data and business performance;
- Partner with Centres of Expertise (i.e. L&D, Talent Acquisition, Compensation & Benefits, Labour Relations, Health & Safety and Disability Claims Management) to proactively provide insight on the design and development of HR programs, processes, systems and tools keeping the needs of the business top of mind and solving identified “pain points” in the system;
- Collaborate with all parties to develop a positive working relationship based on mutual respect, trust and confidence (e.g. RDOs, EDs and their management teams, Unions);
- Employee & Labour Relations: Provide coaching and guidance to business leaders (e.g., RDOs, EDs and site level management) regarding employment issues in such areas as, policy, procedure and collective agreement interpretation/application, dispute resolution, corrective action, leaves of absence, harassment, and terminations;
- Employee Engagement: Ensure sites have meaningful action plans in place to address key drivers of engagement;
- Discipline and Terminations: Support RDOs and the sites by providing guidance and advice on appropriate level of discipline to take and preparing all termination letters/packages and response to demand letters received;
- Recruitment: Assist clients in understanding and applying best practices for talent selection. Participate in the interview process for the hiring of site-level managers to ensure high quality talent is selected;
- Labour Relations: Be knowledgeable of collective agreement language in respective homes/residences. Provide labour and employee relations training and consulting to managers, and other supervisory personnel. Ensure adherence to collective agreement terms, legislation and corporate policies. Assist managers with grievances and, if necessary, attend labour management meetings for more complex issues. To respond to and be responsible for non-union wrongful termination complaints (up to but excluding Executive Director). Responsible for helping to collect and communicate regional bargaining issues to the Labour Relations Centre of Expertise;
- Investigations: Provide advice, guidance and training to clients regarding investigation processes and practices. Conduct complex or high-risk workplace investigations, whether reported through internal processes of through eternal parties (e.g., regulatory agencies). Assist with file preparation and data gathering for statements of claim and other formal filings with formal review bodies (courts, tribunals, etc.);
- Disability Claims Management: Provide guidance and support on occupational and non-occupational disability claims management. Act as consultant and liaison (when necessary) with claims management parties (whether external or internal);
- Health & Safety: Provide Advice counseling, monitoring and periodic audits to ensure compliance with applicable health & safety legislation, Revera policies and best practices;
- Training: Identify learning and training needs in assigned regions and working with the Director HR and the L&D Centre of Expertise, implement customized programs to meet the Regions’ and Division’s needs. Deliver training on various HR topics;
- Talent Review & Organizational Leadership Planning: Participate in the talent review process for key positions (including regular follow up with leaders on action plan implementation) and participate in succession planning to ensure talent is available and ready to assume positions of greater responsibility;
- Performance Management (PMP): Oversee the execution of the performance management process within assigned regions, working with the EDs on their employee reviews and evaluations, providing training and consultation as necessary. Work collaboratively to build high performing teams;
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with federal and provincial employment and labour laws and company HR policies and procedures. Ensure consistency in application and execution of key HR programs, processes and systems;
- Change Management: Assist RDO leaders in ensuring new programs, initiatives, systems etc. are adopted and implemented successfully;
- Metrics use and analysis: Monitor, analyze and communicate key talent metrics for assigned Region(s) and make recommendations for changes based on data;
- Uphold and model Revera’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with major or emphasis in Human Resources, Business Administration or closely related field
- Minimum 5+ years of HR generalist experience. Proven work experience as an HR Business Partner essential
- Labour relations experience dealing with unions, grievances, collective agreement interpretation and application
- Excellent autonomy, able to work under pressure in a moving environment
- Experience in a multi-site environment is an asset
- Understanding and experience in the application of the applicable provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act and associated regulations
- Experience in disability claims management and the application of provincial workers compensation insurance systems
- Ability to build trust and strong relationships at multiple levels (RDO, ED, Unions)
- Must possess an excellent working attitude and have the ability to function as a team player in a confidential role
- Strong consultative, presentation and business communication skills
- Exceptional influencing and persuasion skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of applicable provincial and federal legislation and regulations
- Exceptional listening skills
- Solution orientation balanced with delivery focus
- Ability and willingness to travel
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.